3 Failed IVF Cycles What Next: Should You Try Again?
Posted on : 2022-Nov-12 07:20:28
When you are planning for a baby for a long time without any success, IVF treatment can be your hope of light. You hope everything goes well, trusts your doctor and proceeds with the treatment with high expectations that you come back as pregnant. But there are chances that your IVF cycle may fail and can leave you in darkness. There could be several reasons for an IVF failure and this makes it difficult to take further steps.
The fact is, even if you had multiple failed IVF cycles, you can still have hope to conceive. There are certain things you need to keep in mind before proceeding with the next steps.
Why Does an IVF Cycle Fail?
There are several things that play a part in the success of an IVF treatment. Both the eggs and sperm should be feasible to make fertilisation successful. Once fertilisation takes place, the embryo should be inserted into the uterus accurately. After that, the embryo should develop further in the woman’s uterus. If anything goes wrong, the success rate of IVF gets affected and the following are some of the reasons for an IVF failure:
- Embryo quality: Embryo quality plays a major role in the success of IVF treatment. Though a healthy embryo is transferred to the uterus, it may become faulty after implantation and may not grow.
- Chromosomal problems: Chromosomal issues can lead to miscarriages and IVF failure. These problems in sperm are less common when compared to women. Women develop chromosomal issues when they reach their 30s. This is the reason for why your doctor suggests undergoing genetic testing if your previous IVF cycles have failed.
- Age of your eggs: Women are born with a huge egg reserve and the quality of the eggs diminishes as they age. Women who undergo IVF at the age of 35 or more can have multiple failed IVFs due to poor egg quality. As the woman is close to her menopause, the chances of producing feasible eggs also decrease.
- Autoimmune diseases: Women who have autoimmune diseases can have multiple IVF failures. This is because the antibodies attack the healthy tissues and prevent the implantation of the embryo.
- Lifestyle: Many fertility specialists recommend women to stop drinking and smoking at least 3 months before undergoing IVF treatment. Drinking and smoking can have an impact on your IVF success rate. Being overweight or underweight can also affect your IVF cycle.
How Can I Proceed Further After Multiple Failed IVF Cycles?
When you had multiple IVF failures, do not panic, and try to understand the reasons for your failed IVF. You should discuss with your doctor, and family to know how to proceed further. You should try to understand what more tests are to be performed or what options you have and whether you can give it another try for IVF. Discussing with your doctor about the next steps is a great way to move forward.
The following are the different options you have after multiple failed IVF:
- Attempt IVF one more time: Talk to your doctor about any adjustments that can be made to the IVF cycle to make it successful. Only a few people are successful in the very first attempt of IVF. It is very common to undergo two or more IVF cycles for a successful IVF to take place. The doctor also suggests certain lifestyle changes to increase your chances of conception.
- Use donor eggs: If the age or poor quality of eggs are the reasons for your IVF failure, then using donor eggs can be your next move to have a successful IVF cycle.
- Gestational surrogacy: If you experience multiple implantation failures, gestational surrogacy is your suitable solution. It is also recommended if the pregnancy seems to be challenging for the woman. In this process, the mother’s egg and the father’s sperm will be combined in a lab for fertilization. Once the embryo is formed, it will be inserted into the uterus of a surrogate.
- Frozen embryo transfer: Extra embryos created during IVF can be stored for future use. If you are unsuccessful in your previous IVF cycle, you can use the frozen embryo.
Looking for the Best IVF Clinic in Hyderabad? Visit Angels Fertility Today
If you are planning for IVF treatment and looking for the best fertility center in Hyderabad, Angels fertility can be your right choice. Our team of fertility specialists are highly experienced and treated several patients with a huge success rate. We work closely with you to develop a personalized fertility treatment plan. We are just a call away from you and we are happy to serve you at any time.