Empowering Fertility: Exploring the Benefits of Egg Freezing and Sperm Freezing
Posted on : 2023-Aug-02 20:49:53
Egg freezing and sperm freezing are effective techniques to preserve the fertility of females and males respectively. Many couples wish to postpone their pregnancy due to various personal and professional reasons. For those couples, egg freezing and sperm freezing can be a great choice. If you are planning for freezing an egg or sperm, then you should be aware of the things involved in this process. This helps to prepare yourself, and ensures safety and security.
What is Egg Freezing?
Egg freezing is a process of collecting, freezing, and storing a woman’s eggs so that she can use them when planning for a baby in the future. Egg freezing involves several steps such as stimulation of ovaries using medications to produce multiple eggs, collecting them, and thawing them for future use.
As you get older, the chances of conception decrease as the quality and quantity of eggs reduce. By freezing eggs at a young age, you can preserve your fertility. The quality of the frozen eggs will have the quality of when they are preserved.
When Should I Consider Egg Freezing?
Egg freezing can be the right choice in the following cases:
- If you are willing to postpone your motherhood due to personal or professional goals, then freezing eggs can preserve your fertility.
- If you have certain medical conditions and treatment for those conditions affects your fertility, then fertility can be preserved for the future by freezing eggs.
- If you have not found a life partner and are worried about the decline of your fertility, you can freeze your eggs.
- If you are undergoing chemotherapy or radiation therapy for cancer treatment, your eggs may get damaged due to the radiation. If you freeze your eggs before undergoing the treatment, you can preserve your fertility.
Benefits of Egg Freezing
Egg freezing can offer several benefits for women. The following are some of them:
- Women can increase their fertility window and can conceive when they are ready
- Helps to have control over a woman’s reproductive decisions as per her professional and personal goals
- Relieves the fear of reduced fertility with ageing
- Helps women to have enough time to find the right partner
- Helps to preserve eggs when a woman is undergoing treatment for medical conditions
- Helps reduce the risk of pregnancy complications such as miscarriages, etc.
What is Sperm Freezing?
Sperm freezing is also known as semen cryopreservation. It is a process of retrieving, freezing, and storing sperm cells for future use. The frozen sperm can also be used to donate to others. Sperm is present in the semen that is released from the penis during ejaculation. Sperms cannot live outside the reproductive system for a long time. Hence to preserve them, they should be frozen at a low temperature.
When the male is ready to have a baby, the frozen sperm will be thawed and then inserted into the female’s body. Sperm can be inserted into the woman’s body using two methods such as intrauterine insemination or in vitro fertilization (IVF).
Who Can Benefit from Sperm Freezing?
You can consider sperm freezing in the following cases:
- If you are undergoing treatment for a medical issue that can have an impact on your fertility
- If your sperm quality and quantity are reducing with age
- If you have a risk of injury or death due to high-risk job such as arm forces
- If you are about to undergo vasectomy
Benefits of Sperm Freezing
Men also opt to freeze their sperm and it can help them in the following ways:
- Helps to preserve the chances of having a child
- Allows to preserve male’s fertility for future use or for donating their sperm
- The frozen sperm can be donated to a lesbian couple who wish to have a baby
Want to Know More About Egg Freezing and Sperm Freezing? Meet Fertility Specialists at Angels Fertility Center?
If you and your partner have decided to postpone your parenthood and want to know about egg and sperm freezing, visit Angels Fertility Center today. Our team of fertility specialists and gynaecologists work harder and together to offer the best services for our patients. We focus on giving the best chances for our patients to become parents. Patients who visit us will receive the best care delivered with kindness, honesty, and optimism. Contact us to know more about our doctors and about the treatments we offer.