Hormone Imbalances and Infertility in Women
Posted on : 2022-Jan-22 22:28:31
Hormones play a vital role for the various functions in the body such as metabolism, body temperature, and many more. If the number of hormones in the body either reduce or decrease, it can lead to hormone imbalance. For an effective reproductive cycle in women, balanced hormone levels play a major role. If there is an imbalance in the hormones that maintain fertility, it can also affect your chances of pregnancy.
Hormone imbalance in women can cause disorders such as PCOS and anovulation. Hormone imbalances are the major reasons for infertility in women and they can be treated with medications and by changing lifestyle habits.
Common Causes of Hormonal Imbalances that Affect Female Fertility
There are various causes for hormonal imbalances in women that can cause infertility. Some of the common causes include:
- Blockage of fallopian tubes: Chlamydia is the most common cause of the blockage of fallopian tubes that are transmitted sexually. Blockage can also occur as a result of adhesions caused by surgery.
- Improper release of eggs from ovary: There can be several mental and physical conditions that can cause the improper release of eggs from the ovary such as illness, weight loss or weight gain, etc. Early menopause is the result of insufficient production of eggs by the ovaries. Women with menopause may require other reproductive techniques to conceive.
- Fibroids and endometriosis: Fibroids in the womb can also lead to female infertility. Endometriosis leads to the formation of cysts in the pelvis and ovaries. This can lead to distortion of the fallopian tube and thereby causes infertility.
- Hyperprolactinemia: Women with this condition will have higher levels of prolactin that can affect fertility and leads to irregular periods.
- Poly-cystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS): PCOS in women makes eggs stay in an immature state and this further forms as cysts. This can lead to infertility and thereby affects pregnancy.
Common Signs of Hormonal Imbalances that Affect Fertility
Women with hormonal imbalances that affect fertility may experience the following common symptoms:
- Irregular spotting between periods
- Irregular periods
- Painful periods
- Heavy bleeding during periods
- Sudden weight gain
- Acne and facial hair
- Frequent mood swings
Diagnosis for Hormonal Imbalance
Hormonal imbalance can be determined through a blood test or urine test. A blood test is usually conducted 3 or 5 days during the periods to determine the hormone levels. This helps to determine the number of eggs that remained in the ovaries. The ovarian reserve can also be determined through ultrasound of ovaries. Hormone testing for infertility looks for several hormones to determine if they are high or low in number. These tests can help your doctor to determine the cause of your infertility and thereby suggests the right treatment option for you.
Treatment for Infertility Caused by Hormonal Imbalances
The treatment for infertility caused by hormonal imbalance is based on the signs and the hormone that is causing infertility. Your doctor will prescribe medications to:
- Make hormone levels normal
- Trigger ovulation
- Regulate periods
- Restore thyroid function
- Normalize prolactin levels in the body
Your doctor may also suggest you to lose weight and to make changes in your lifestyle to promote fertility. If infertility is caused by PCOS, weight loss is the main treatment and medications can also be used to treat hormonal imbalance.
During the treatment, you will be monitored continuously to avoid ovaries stimulation and multiple pregnancies. For some women, ovulation is restored by performing a surgery where small punctures will be made in the ovary. Other treatments such as removal of endometriosis, fibroids can also help to promote fertility.
Visit Angels Fertility for Hormonal Imbalance Causing Infertility
Angels Fertility is one of the best fertility centers in Hyderabad and they treat fertility issues in both men and women. They have helped several women with a hormonal imbalance to have a child naturally. We are dedicated to giving evidence-based Fertility Treatment for you. To know more or to determine the right treatment solution for you, visit Angels Fertility today.