How to Deal with fatigue during IVF Treatment ?
Posted on : 2021-Sep-19 23:21:55
IVF is a fertility treatment that helps to increase the chances of a successful pregnancy. In this process, the female egg is combined with sperm in a lab and it will be under supervision. Then, the embryo is moved to the female body for growth and development. The treatment can be stressful and troublesome for a woman.
IVF involves the use of fertility drugs that can affect the hormone levels in the female to control the menstrual cycle. As the hormone levels get altered, there can be chances of possible side effects. Fatigue is one of the most common side effects of IVF treatment. Fatigue can also lead to further side effects namely depression, anxiety, depression.
If you are undergoing an IVF treatment and experiencing fatigue, meet your doctor so that he can help you in managing this condition.
Causes of Fatigue During IVF
Progesterone is the hormone that is responsible for maintaining the lining of uterus and it helps to prepare a women’s body to have a healthy pregnancy. During IVF treatment, women will be given drugs to increase the hormone levels including progesterone. As the levels of progesterone increase, it leads to fatigue.
Though hormone changes are the most common cause of fatigue, the condition of fatigue would increase further due to stress and anxiety. Women who undergo IVF might be dealing with infertility issues and stress due to failed attempts of pregnancy.
Most of the women experience fatigue throughout the process of IVF. However, the fatigue condition becomes worse in the following stages:
- Ovarian simulation: Ovarian simulation is the first stage of IVF treatment. Patients need to use fertility drugs to stimulate the ovaries and to release the eggs. As the consumption of fertility drugs increase hormone level, it leads to fatigue.
- Embryo transfer: During embryo transfer, fertility drugs are injected into the patient to increase progesterone levels. Progesterone levels help to thicken the uterus lining and thereby helps to have a healthy pregnancy.
- Early stages of pregnancy: Patients experience fatigue a few weeks after the embryo transfer. This can indicate a successful pregnancy.
How to Manage Fatigue?
Though fatigue during IVF treatment is common in women who undergo IVF, they will be able to continue their daily routine without any serious issues. But, it is important for a woman to make her body comfortable. Following tips can help a patient to manage fatigue during IVF:
- Have enough sleep at night
- Eat healthy food and stay fit
- Take regular naps when needed
- Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated
- Practice meditation and yoga
- Get a massage or spa to relax your body
- Always stay positive and tell yourself that it is temporary
What to Do if Fatigue Gets Worse?
If your fatigue becomes worse and remains for days, visit your fertility doctor immediately. Your doctor would suggest ways to overcome the side effects. He will also monitor your situation to know if there is any sign of complication.
Contact Angels Fertility
Angels Fertility is one of the best fertility centers in Hyderabad and offers a wide range of fertility services for people suffering with infertility problems. We have experienced, knowledgeable, and expert IVF specialists who have made many successful IVF treatments. To know more, book your appointment today!