Hysterectomy Cost in Hyderabad
Posted on : 2022-Dec-14 07:36:27
Hysterectomy is a surgical procedure used to remove the uterus due to several reasons. Baby growth takes place in the uterus and the uterus lining is important for menstruation. So, after removing the uterus, you will no longer be able to become pregnant and there will not be any menstruation. Hysterectomy can be performed to treat several conditions, including cancer, and infections. During the procedure, the entire uterus will be removed. In some cases, only the fallopian tube and ovaries will be removed.
When is Hysterectomy Performed?
A hysterectomy procedure can be performed to treat various conditions that affect the female reproductive system such as the following:
- Heavy bleeding which cannot be treated with other treatment methods
- Painful periods
- Severe pelvic pain that cannot get relieved with treatments
- Uterine fibroids
- Uterine prolapse
- Cervical or uterine cancer
- Ovarian cancer, fallopian tube cancer, and womb cancer
Hysterectomy is a major procedure and is considered only after trying other treatment methods without any success.
Types of Hysterectomy
There are different types of hysterectomy procedures. The type or procedure you need is based on the reason for the operation. It is also classified based on the portion of the uterus to be removed. The different types include:
- Supracervical or subtotal hysterectomy: This procedure involves removing only the upper portion of the uterus and the cervix remains.
- Total Hysterectomy: It is the most performed type and it involves removing the entire uterus and cervix.
- Radical hysterectomy: In this procedure, the entire uterus, cervix, fallopian tubes, ovaries, surrounding tissues and top portion of the vagina will be removed. This surgery is usually performed to remove cancer.Total hysterectomy with bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy: In this type of procedure, the entire uterus, and cervix are removed along with fallopian tubes and ovaries.
Different Ways of Performing Hysterectomy
Hysterectomy can be performed in different ways such as the following:
- Open surgery: Open surgery is performed by making a 5 to 7 inches of incision in the belly. The incision is made either horizontally or vertically and the uterus is removed through this incision. The incisions heal over time and there can be scarring after surgery.
- Vaginal Hysterectomy: It involves removing the uterus by making an incision in the vagina. It does not require any additional cuts and there will not be any scarring.
- Laparoscopic Hysterectomy: The laparoscopic hysterectomy makes use of a laparoscope, a thin tube along with a light and camera. The laparoscopic tools are inserted through the belly. The uterus will be removed by making an incision in the vagina using laparoscopic tools.
- Robot-assisted laparoscopic hysterectomy: The surgeon performs surgery using a robotic machine. The robotic arms are controlled by the surgeon outside the body. The laparoscope and other surgical instruments are inserted through some small incisions in the abdomen.
How Much Does Hysterectomy Cost?
The cost of a hysterectomy varies based on several factors such as the following:
- The type of surgery: The cost of a hysterectomy is based on the type of surgery performed. This is because the type of surgery affects the duration of surgery, surgical tools required, and anesthesia being used.
- Location: The cost varies based on the location you live and the hospital you visit.
- Personal health: Personal health plays a major role in determining the cost of the procedure. If you have pre-existing conditions while performing the procedure, the cost can be high as there can be complications to perform the procedure.
- Emergencies: The cost varies based on whether the anesthesiologist is in-network or out-of-network. If any emergencies occur during surgery, you may need to face additional charges.
Though the cost of the procedure varies based on various factors, the average cost is around one lakh. But you should check with your doctor and insurance company whether everything will be covered or if you need to pay any extra charges.
Want to Undergo Hysterectomy Procedure? Visit Angels Fertility Today
If you are looking for a best hospital to undergo a hysterectomy procedure, Angels Fertility is your go-to place. The doctors at Angels Fertility have performed hundreds of hysterectomy procedures in Hyderabad with a huge success rate. We can perform all types of hysterectomy and we determine the right one based on your condition. We ensure to use the latest tools and technology to make the procedure less invasive. To know more about the procedure, give us a call.