Implantation Symptoms in Pregnancy
Posted on : 2023-Apr-26 19:06:22
If you are trying for pregnancy, you pay more attention to your body. You keep an eye on your body and keep looking for the signs of implantation. Implantation is an important stage of pregnancy. Implantation occurs when the fertilised egg gets attached itself to the walls of the uterus. Implantation occurs around two weeks after ovulation and it is the beginning stage of your pregnancy.
The signs of implantation are very precise and you may not be able to notice them even if you are looking for the signs. The signs of implantation are also similar to PMS (Premenstrual syndrome). However, some women may not have any signs of implantation even if they are pregnant.
How and When Does Implantation Take Place?
Implantation occurs when the sperm meets the eggs in the fallopian tube. Once the fertilisation takes place, the fertilised egg called zygote divides and travels towards the uterus through the fallopian tube. As it moves towards the fallopian tube, it forms a multicellular structure called the blastocyst.
When the blastocyst gets attached to the uterus lining, called endometrium, implantation takes place. Implantation takes place around 6 to 12 days after ovulation. The implantation time may vary based on the changes in endometrium in each menstrual cycle such as thickening and shedding. The implantation time is also based on when the ovulation has occurred and whether conception has occurred early or late.
What are the Signs of Implantation in Pregnancy?
Implantation bleeding is the first sign that indicates implantation and it occurs after 6 to 12 after conception. If implantation does not take place, you will have your period. The following are the common signs of implantation in pregnancy:
- Bleeding and cramps: Not all pregnant women experience Implantation bleeding or spotting. It occurs as the blastocyst gets attached to the endometrium to promote pregnancy. It occurs only for a short period and it is lighter than your normal bleeding. Some women may also have mild cramps during implantation. These cramps are different from menstrual cramps and they appear for only a short period.
- Swollen and sore breasts: You may feel that your breasts become tender and may have light swelling. It will last for a few days during ovulation. This occurs due to the changes in hormones during pregnancy. You may also notice the darkening of your areolas during implantation.
- Changes in food interests: Some women may experience changes in their food preferences. You may have more cravings for food. This also occurs due to hormonal changes in your body.
- Increase in body temperature: The progesterone levels increase in your body after implantation. Due to this, you may notice a slight increase in your body temperature.
Other Common Signs of Pregnancy
The following are the early signs of pregnancy:
- Urinating frequently
- Food cravings
- Vomiting, mainly in the mornings
- A headache
- Morning sickness
- Weight changes
Though the above-mentioned are common signs, some women may experience only some of them during pregnancy. While some women may not have any of these signs during pregnancy.
When is the Right Time to Take a Pregnancy Test?
A pregnancy test measures the amount of hCG hormones in the urine, that are released by the zygote. The hCG hormones increase for every 2 to 3 days and it occurs up to 8 weeks. It takes several days to release a high amount of hCG hormone to be detected in a pregnancy test. You should wait until you miss your period and then take a pregnancy test. At this time, your body should have produced enough hCG in your urine if implantation has taken place.
If you take a pregnancy test early, you may have a negative result even if you are pregnant. If you had a negative pregnancy result and have missed your period, you can again take a pregnancy test.
Looking for the Best Hospital to Take Care of You During Pregnancy? Visit Angels Fertility Center Today
If you have been planning for pregnancy or looking for a doctor to help you during pregnancy, then Angels Fertility can be your right choice. We have a team of gynaecologists and fertility specialists who can help you have a healthy pregnancy. We also ensure to take proper care throughout your pregnancy. We are well-equipped with the latest technology to ensure the safety of our patients. To talk to one of our doctors, call us or drop us an email.