IVF Treatment for Infertile Couples with Multiple Failures of Pregnancies
Posted on : 2021-Nov-20 15:31:54
Many women experience a miscarriage at some point of time in their life. A miscarriage can be devastating, and it can happen due to several reasons. Women who experience miscarriage does not mean that they cannot conceive anymore. There are several treatment options that can make them pregnant.
With the advancement in technology, assisted reproductive procedures or techniques (ART) have emerged and In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF) is a popular technique. Many studies have shown that, in India, more than 100,000 IVF cycles are performed every year. IVF treatment has made conception possible for infertile couples which seemed to be impossible in the past.
With IVF, various conditions which were considered untreatable such as the following became treatable:
- Aspirating sperms from testes
- Providing pregnancy for women without ovaries
- Genetic defects
- Women with menopause and many more
Though IVF can treat many conditions, the success of IVF cannot be assured as the IVF process is complex. The IVF process involves the implantation of an embryo and its growth inside the mother’s uterus which require immune reactions and tissue development. Couples who opt for IVF treatment must be aware of the complexity involved in the process, along with the side effects and finances required.
Preparation Required for an IVF Cycle
Preparing well for an IVF cycle can increase your chances of a successful IVF cycle and can reduce the side effects due to the use of fertility medications. It also helps a woman to recover faster after the procedure. There are three main areas where a couple needs to prepare and plan for an IVF cycle. The main areas are:
- Nutritional: When you decide to undergo an IVF treatment, it is important to have a healthy diet and stay hydrated all the time. This ensures that you prepare your body to benefit from the treatment. You can take vitamins and minerals to enhance your metabolism. It further helps to produce good quality sperms and eggs.
- Physical: The success of IVF is based on your weight. Being overweight and being underweight can affect the success of the IVF treatment. This is because women who are overweight or underweight will have problems with ovulation. In men, obesity can affect the erectile function and motility of sperm. All these issues should be corrected before undergoing the IVF procedure. Follow a healthy diet and practise regular exercise to maintain a healthy weight.
- Mental: An IVF cycle brings many changes in a woman’s life and her body. It is important to control your stress through various activities such as meditation and proper sleep. Try to spend more time with your family. Your family should provide you and your partner with moral support both before and after the treatment. Couples can also opt for counselling for anxiety as it can affect the hormonal balance.
Guidelines Before Undergoing an IVF Cycle
It is very important for a couple to prepare themselves prior to undergoing an IVF treatment to achieve success through the procedure. The following guidelines can help you prepare well for the treatment:
- Know the IVF procedure and do not hesitate to ask questions again and again. Gain sufficient knowledge on the IVF procedure, and finances.
- Maintain proper balance as it is the key to the success of the IVF procedure. It can be achieved by having sufficient sleep and rest.
- Years of trying for pregnancy and multiple visits to the hospital can make couples sorrow and low. Get proper counselling from the specialists to know the importance of IVF treatment.
- Have positive thoughts about the procedure and start the IVF procedure with a realistic understanding. A woman’s uterus is very important for the embryo to grow until delivery. Hence, positive thinking can add to the success of the IVF procedure.
- Before deciding on the IVF treatment, know about the success rates of the treatment. You should mentally prepare yourself for failure as well. If an IVF cycle fails, you should identify the reason and should rectify it before going for the next cycle. This helps you to stay positive during the IVF treatment.
Looking for a Best IVF Fertility Center? Visit Angels Fertility Today!
If you want to undergo a successful IVF procedure, visit Angels Fertility in Hyderabad. At Angels Fertility, we are dedicated to giving evidence-based fertility treatments. From the first day of the consultation throughout the treatment, our goal is to provide the most effective Reproductive Treatment in the most efficient manner possible. Call us to book your appointment today.