Tips To Improve Egg Quality for Pregnancy And IVF
Posted on : 2023-Feb-26 15:06:54
Egg quality plays a vital role in pregnancy. This is because the egg quality determines the embryo quality. Poor egg quality indicates some abnormalities in the embryos. But many women neglect the egg quality until they struggle to become pregnant. Poor egg quality can be caused by the decline of ovarian reserve. It is also a common reason for infertility in women, mainly who are above 35 years of age.
If you are planning for IVF, egg equality plays a major role in the success of IVF. If you have poor egg quality, the embryo cannot implant and fertilization may not take place. However, there are several tips that can help you improve your egg quality.
Different Ways to Improve the Quality of Your Egg
The following tips can help promote egg quality:
- Quit smoking: Smoking may affect fertility and can lead to the loss of eggs in the ovaries. The chemicals in the cigarette can cause mutations in the DNA in the female’s egg. Females are born with an egg reserve and the egg reserve gradually decreases as you get older. Hence, it is important to keep your eggs healthy by avoiding these chemicals.
- Manage stress: When you are in stress, your body releases certain hormones that affect ovulation and egg production. Practise activities such as meditation, yoga, exercises, warm bath, etc to reduce your stress levels.
- Have a healthy diet: Eating healthy food helps improve your overall health. This also includes keeping your eggs healthy and of good quality. Consume nutrient-rich food such as fruits, grains, fish, etc. You should also avoid processed foods, excess sugar and salt, and saturated fats.
- Maintain a normal BMI: Being overweight or obese can affect your fertility and egg quality. If the BMI is more than 25, it indicates that you are overweight. Obesity has a link with egg quality and there can be changes in mitochondrial function. Obesity can have an impact on your hormonal balance and thereby affects ovulation. You should maintain BMI between 18.5 and 24.9 to become pregnant.
- Promote blood flow: The eggs require oxygen-rich blood flow to the ovaries. If the blood flows well, the body does not dehydrate. Hence you should ensure to drink enough water in a day. Along with this, yoga can also help improve blood flow in the body. Yoga postures such as child pose, lotus pose, seated forward bend, etc can improve blood flow.
- Use of fertility supplements: Fertility drugs can contain antioxidants that can affect egg quality. While choosing fertility supplements, research well and choose clinically proven supplements.
- Freeze the eggs: As you get older, your fertility declines and your chances of conception decrease. But if you freeze your eggs, their age remains the same and you can use them in the future. This increases your chances of pregnancy in future.
- Alternative therapies: Various alternative therapies can help you improve your well-being when you are planning for pregnancy. Therapies such as massage therapy, acupuncture, yoga, and dietary supplements can help increase blood flow to the ovaries. Eventually, the egg quality and the functioning of the ovaries also increase.
Are You Pregnant or Planning for Pregnancy? Meet Doctors at Angels Fertility Center Today
If you are planning for pregnancy and want to improve your chances of conception, visit Angels Fertility Center today. We have experienced gynaecologists and fertility specialists so that different fertility issues can be addressed effectively. We also provide guidance and required assistance in your difficult times. We have an effective staff and up-to-date infrastructure in our office. You just visit our office once and the rest will be taken care by our specialists. To schedule an appointment, call us or drop us an email.